Monday, February 2, 2009

It's here!

Justine arrived in Saturday's mail! I am thrilled with Violarium's speed! The chart is just so beautiful.

I couldn't resist; I dashed to my LNS the following day and bought some beautiful fabric for Justine. I'm not sure that the chart specifies any fabric, but it seems many stitchers have opted for 40-ct Lakeside Linens Vintage Nutmeg. I've never stitched on 40-ct and knew I wanted to go with either 32- or 36-ct. The LNS didn't have Vintage Nutmeg is these stitch counts, but I found a gorgeous piece of 32-ct Lakeside Linens Vintage Maple Sugar. It is just perfect. (It was expensive, though! $57 for a half-yard!).

The photo doesn't do justice to the fabric. It is stunning in person.


My pattern was coded for DMC and Gentle Arts. I pulled both flosses and, of the two, preferred the Gentle Arts. After I got home from the LNS, I received the following conversion courtesy of Deb from the Legacy Board:

DMC 304; Gentle Art-Cherry Wine; Dinky Dyes #58-Kayla's Rose; NPI-225
DMC 522; Gentle Art-Dried Thyme; Dinky Dyes #88-Saltbush; NPI-292
DMC 612; Gentle Art-Grecian Gold; Dinky Dyes #46-Topaz; NPI-901
DMC 3013; Gentle Art-Shutter Green; Dinky Dyes #50-Acacia, NPI-342
DMC 3046; Gentle Art-Willow; Dinky Dyes #16 Lemon Line; NPI-692
DMC 3752; Gentle Art-Old Blue Paint; Dinky Dyes #10-Cloudy Sky, NPI-923
DMC Ecru; Gentle Art-Straw Bonnet; Dinky Dyes #61 Pearl; NPI 877
DMC 3828; Gentle Art-Summer Meadow; Dinky Dyes #14 Autumn Leaves, NPI-902
DMC 729; Gentle Art-Gold Leaf; Dinky Dyes #62 Aussie Gold; NPI 694

I will take a look at the other fibers the next time I'm at the LNS. Another possibility is stitching with linen floss. The matte look of linen floss and its muted, limited palette is really attractive to me for this chart. I hope to finish my current WIP before starting Justine, so I have a couple weeks to decide.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! You don't know me, but came across your blog today, and found this post about Justine! I have had that in my stash for a couple of years, all kitted up! I will be waiting for your progress pics of it. Know it will be at least 6 months before I get started on it, but I too love it! Especially love the history written with the pattern, that makes it even more personal, don't you think?

    Jan

    ReplyDelete