Monday, March 2, 2009

Justine on hold...

Gosh, I was sure I would have started Justine by now. I actually ironed the gorgeous fabric, put it a Q-snap, and began the dreaded task of trying to find a "vertical thread" to begin stitching. There must be something wrong with me because I find this task nearly impossible. I spent more than an hour looking at the fabric trying to figure out where to start. I wish I'd never heard of the "vertical thread." I feel like it has robbed me of some of the joy of stitching. Well, that just stressed me out too much so I decided to stitch something else.


For about 3 days I've been stitching Arbre Généalogique by Isabelle Vautier / Savoir-Faire Vailly. It's beautiful, and I love it! I am stitching it on Siena fabric, a 32-ct Italian linen. I've never stitched on it before, and it's quite nice. I am using DMC 115, a variegated red/burgundy floss. I am not stitching each "X" the way you're supposed to with variegated floss, and I don't care. I hope to stitch this twice, so that each of my children can have their own Arbre Généalogique. We'll see.


Here's what I've done so far:





Here's what the final version will look like:

2 comments:

  1. Isn't that fabric for Justine just wonderful? I started this and then put it down, but pulled it out yesterday to work on again. Wait until you've started stitching this. You'll absolutely love how the fibers look on the fabric. I'll be watching your progress!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! What a wonderful sampler to give your kids! I'll love watching your progress on Justine.

    ReplyDelete